Transpersonal means ‘Beyond the masks we wear.’ As we go about our day to day lives, we can wear many masks, some of which we choose to wear and others which wear us. Behind these masks lies vast landscapes or other worlds, Jung called these landscapes the personal and collective unconscious of the psyche, the Shamans called them the upper world, lower world, and middle world.
In the Transpersonal we explore beyond the masks you wear. As Albert Einstein said in his famous quote: ‘No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.’ So, in a Transpersonal session you will experience moving into a different level of consciousness through creative processes, meditations, relaxations, and guided visualisations. This will give you access to new information, new resources, new insights, and healing. The wisdom gained is bridged into your consciousness so it can make a difference in your everyday life.
Transpersonal Psychology has very solid foundations and includes the ancient wisdom from Shamanism alongside psychological concepts and theories of the psyche (soul), Client centred counselling, Eastern wisdom on spirituality and recent research on altered states of consciousness. It is concerned with the whole of you, your body, mind, spirit, and soul.
Transpersonal Art Therapy will enable you to:
- Gather new resources and tools to use in everyday life
- Use maps to navigate your journey
- Gain physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- Get to know aspects of yourself previously hidden, denied, or unknown.
- Vision new ways of being
- Connect to new aspects of yourself.
- Connect to your inner strength
- Protect and provide for your wounded child.
- Express and heal from past wounds
- Gain greater acceptance and compassion for yourself and others
- Gain new meaning and understanding
- Write a new story
- Claim the wisdom and gifts from your journey
- Find your true purpose
- Feel a greater connection to yourself, others, community, and nature