What art mediums are used?
What other mediums are used?
- Dream journaling
Do I need to be good at art?
Transpersonal art therapy focuses on intuitive, spontaneous expressions as they emerge from the depths of you. Each expression is therefore unique and sacred, no other piece of art exists the same. Every one of us can tap into this creative, free flowing, non-judgemental space within us. Be assured it is not a focus on an end product that is evaluated on its aesthetics.
What can Transpersonal Art Therapy help with?
- Life purpose
- Personal growth
- Life transitions e.g. puberty, adolescence, motherhood, unemployment.
- Alcohol and drug dependences
- Grief and loss
- Relationship issues
- Personal trauma
- Spiritual emergence
- Spiritual crisis
The above ‘symptoms’ can be a gateway to a healing journey and a new way of seeing and connecting with yourself.
What happens in a typical Transpersonal Art Therapy session?
- A short relaxation
- Client centred counselling
- Art process.
- Exploration of the art image and the gaining of insight and tools.
What might I get out of it?
- A safe, supportive and accepting environment.
- Resources and tools that can be taken away and used in everyday life.
- Expression and healing of old wounds.
- Expression of aspects of yourself previously hidden, denied or unknown.
- Connection to new aspects of yourself.
- Increased sense of self-worth and self-esteem.
- Greater acceptance of yourself.
- A sense of one’s uniqueness.
- A sense of one’s connected to everything.
- Improved relationships.
- A deeper listening and respecting of your intuition and wisdom.